Is there a way to enable embedded links in a document to open when it is a proof?

Sara Ross
Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

My organization does a monthly electronic newsletter that includes embedded links. Before publication, several people are asked to review the draft of the newsletter. I would like to use the proof function in Smartsheet for this process.

The problem I've found is that when I attach the newsletter as a proof, the embedded links cannot be opened unless the proof is exported. As the exported document doesn't maintain the ability to be annotated, etc., the reviewer then has to toggle between the documents. It sure would simplify matters, if the reviewer could access the links within the Smartsheet proof.

Does anyone know if this can be done and how?

Answers

• Hi @Sara Ross

What you've found is correct - currently hyperlinks in Proofs cannot be clicked on directly in the Proofing panel / Proof Review stage, as the Proofing tools use these clicks to annotate versus to open up links. Please let the Product team know of your use-case and request by filling in this form, here!

As an alternative to downloading the file, you could potentially provide all the links as a comment in the Proofing Panel to allow your users to click on them from there, or you could leave your own annotation with the relevant hyperlinks for each link in their own note.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Sara Ross
    Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response. I did submit a request to the Product team as such a function would be extremely valuable to our process.