URL String Form Erroring on Submission

Options
NeilNeedsHelp
edited 11/08/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I have set up a URL string to grab some data from one Smartsheet that the form is generated from that is used to effectively tie together two Smartsheets with a common key and enable data from one sheet to be bought across to the other using index matches within the 2nd sheet based on this common key.

The issue I have is that the form errors when submitting the form with the URL string added (it works fine when it's just the base Smartsheet form) but I can't see anything wrong with the string added from the ? onwards and the field exists with an identical name in the Smartsheet the form is built in.

String added after the ? is Unique%20Audit%20Ref= plus the reference from within the first Smartsheet in this example below AUD0489.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening so I can resolve?

Tags:

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    Options

Hello @NeilNeedsHelp

After further review on this, I am unable to replicate what you are experiencing. I am not receiving the same error message when submitting form when using a form URL link that includes a custom string added at the end of a the published form URL.

I recommend that this is best routed to Smartsheet Support to assist you with troubleshooting!

Cheers~

Krissia