Can you have hidden fields on a form become visible depending on value in another field?

Options

So on the user end of the form, I have, for example, a Yes/No question about a meal.

Question: Will you be attending the luncheon

If answer is Yes, then additional fields will appear asking about meal choices, accommodations, etc. If the computer says No, then the fields regarding the luncheon will stay hidden.

Is this possible. I'm not talking on the spreadsheet side, I mean on the form the user will complete online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Dave from JBM
    Dave from JBM ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, in your sheet your question would be set up as drop down with yes or no as possible answers. Setup your additional fields with dropdown options as well. Then in the form creator turn on a logic for your luncheon question and you would set it up to say something like: "When will you be attending luncheon IS "Yes" then show the following fields" then just check the additional fields you want to have appear.

Technically I dont think your additional fields would need to be dropdowns as long as you arent driving any additional fields on top of what would show up for saying "Yes" to Luncheon.

Definitely recommend setting the question up as a drop down or radio button though so no one can answer "Yeah" or "Yup" instead of "Yes".

Hopefully that all makes sense...

Answers

• Dave from JBM
    Dave from JBM ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, in your sheet your question would be set up as drop down with yes or no as possible answers. Setup your additional fields with dropdown options as well. Then in the form creator turn on a logic for your luncheon question and you would set it up to say something like: "When will you be attending luncheon IS "Yes" then show the following fields" then just check the additional fields you want to have appear.

Technically I dont think your additional fields would need to be dropdowns as long as you arent driving any additional fields on top of what would show up for saying "Yes" to Luncheon.

Definitely recommend setting the question up as a drop down or radio button though so no one can answer "Yeah" or "Yup" instead of "Yes".

Hopefully that all makes sense...

• AKunce
    AKunce ✭✭
    Options

Yup, that worked! 😀

Thank you very much!