Automations Set to Unrestricted, Still Receiving Error Message

I have a sheet with several automations where it contacts users in a cell. These are contractors outside of the organization with gmail addresses and other domains. I have set the automation settings to unrestricted and it does work for some but not all. I still receive an email message occasionally with the following:

Workflow Delivery Alert

The following people included in the Flight Confirmation - Requester workflow for "Dutch Islands Flight Request Form" are not currently being notified:

Any idea what's going on here?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nick Allgauer

If you have your sheet automation restrictions set to Unrestricted, then there are two other possible reasons why you're receiving this message:

1. One of the users may have clicked the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the emailed notification. To re-subscribe users, you can Duplicate your Workflow (see: Edit, Duplicate, or Delete a Workflow)
    2. The System Admin for your organization may have set security permissions so that workflows are restricted to users in your account (see: Admin Center: Manage Security & Controls)

If you have tried duplicating the workflow yet you still receive the same message, and your System Admin confirms that the Permissions are set to "Anyone", I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures of the error message, the Workflow ID, the Sheet URL, and the email address of a user who this should have sent out to (and the date/time it should have sent). They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nick Allgauer

If you have your sheet automation restrictions set to Unrestricted, then there are two other possible reasons why you're receiving this message:

1. One of the users may have clicked the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the emailed notification. To re-subscribe users, you can Duplicate your Workflow (see: Edit, Duplicate, or Delete a Workflow)
    2. The System Admin for your organization may have set security permissions so that workflows are restricted to users in your account (see: Admin Center: Manage Security & Controls)

If you have tried duplicating the workflow yet you still receive the same message, and your System Admin confirms that the Permissions are set to "Anyone", I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures of the error message, the Workflow ID, the Sheet URL, and the email address of a user who this should have sent out to (and the date/time it should have sent). They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Nick Allgauer
    Nick Allgauer ✭✭✭✭

You are correct! It was #2, a system admin control put in place.