Customized button text not reflecting on approval workflow

11/16/21
Accepted

Hi,

When we customize the button text under 'Approval Workflow' it still shows default values i.e. 'Approve' and 'Decline'.

Is there any workaround available.

Best Answer

Answers

• Lauren KleitzLauren Kleitz ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also having this issue today for the first time - with workflows and custom buttons that have been working as programmed for over a year now. Is there a fix?

• This happened to all of out approval workflows when Smartsheet was having the major problem on 11/4 but resolved itself when Smartsheet fixed the issue.

We noticed yesterday that this is happening again but all systems are operational on https://status.smartsheet.com/

Smartsheet - please let us know whats going on! My clients are so confused... I was not using the buttons for approvals and denials, I was using them to drive other workflows with custom options. All of my sheets are currently broken and I have over 50 emails from my clients trying to figure out what is going on since all the workflows no longer make sense.

• Hi @Emily Rodgers, @Prasad Kanse, and @Lauren Kleitz

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I'm able to replicate what you're seeing - Approval Requests are not currently honouring the custom button text set in the workflow.

Our Support team is investigating this and I'll follow-up with you when I have more information.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. this problem is still happening... any update on when it will be fixed?

• Hi @Emily Rodgers

I don't have an ETA for when this may be resolved, but our team is actively investigating the cause. I'll tag you in a reply on this post once a fix has been implemented.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Prasad KansePrasad Kanse ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. - Thank you for sharing the update on this. Please keep all of us posted about resolution. We have some projects which are dependant on this feature.

• Genevieve P.Genevieve P. admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi all (@Prasad Kanse, @Lauren Kleitz, @Emily Rodgers)

We implemented a fix over the weekend, you should see the Approval Requests coming through with custom text now! Thanks again for reporting this issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Prasad KansePrasad Kanse ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. - Thank you so much for you and Smartsheet team to fix this issue in short timespan. It's working fine now.