Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Cleanup up duplicate sharing on sheet moves

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

When I move a sheet from Sheets to a Workspace, the existing sharing (which by definition is at the Sheet level) is preserved, even when it duplicates (email address and permissions) the shares to the Workspace.

Please remove the Sheet level sharing for this case.

This request has also be posted to the WebForm

Craig

SS_ENH_SheetSharing.jpg

Comments

• Craig,

As you probably already know, individual sheet and workspace sharing permissions can differ. This case becomes complicated if for example a user is is shared to a sheet as Admin and you drag a sheet into a workspace where they are shared as an Editor

In this case what would you expect to happen? 

Ben

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ben,

If it did not have duplicates for identical  sharing, I would be OK with that.

Other enhancements (warning when same person is shared with different permissions) is already covered by the existing warning.

Providing further attempts to clarify the differences does not have a lot of value to me unless I could select which to have. And it might be both.

A user with Admin privileges to a sheet may only be a Viewer or Editor to the rest of the Workspace (by intent)

Craig

This discussion has been closed.