DataMesh - Data is not overwriting

Adriane Price
Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

Looking to see if I missed something when setting up my datamesh.

I have 1 report and a tracker that need to feed into one sheet. The QAS - HRLmgr is not updating some information. An example of the item I noticed was a badge ID of a worker. Previously was N/A now since having the Badge ID and the user updated their sheet, on the end sheet it is not displaying this updated badge ID. Any thoughts?

Adriane

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adriane Price

When you say "Badge ID" in the description of the post, is that the same as your "Worker ID" in the DataMesh set-up?

If so, this ID is the value being used for the match across the two sheets. This means if you change the Worker ID from "N/A to a number, it should add a new row with this new, unique number, versus updating the "N/A". The reason being that the N/A no longer exists, so it can't find the matching row between the two.

However if there's a separate "Badge ID" field that's different from your "Worker ID", you'll want to make sure this specific field is set up in your DataMesh workflow and has a matching field (ex. is it Data field 17? or 18?)

Let me know if this makes sense!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adriane Price

When you say "Badge ID" in the description of the post, is that the same as your "Worker ID" in the DataMesh set-up?

If so, this ID is the value being used for the match across the two sheets. This means if you change the Worker ID from "N/A to a number, it should add a new row with this new, unique number, versus updating the "N/A". The reason being that the N/A no longer exists, so it can't find the matching row between the two.

However if there's a separate "Badge ID" field that's different from your "Worker ID", you'll want to make sure this specific field is set up in your DataMesh workflow and has a matching field (ex. is it Data field 17? or 18?)

Let me know if this makes sense!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. - Thank you that did clear it up, and I did notice that users were entering different data. When the Badge ID (Badge ID/Worker ID one and the same) was updated between the sheets smartsheet data mesh was not recognized due to me having too many meshes set up as Yes for the "Overwrite" section. I have since figured out whose data needs to be in charge of updating our main sheet.

Adriane