Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheets with Formulas & Web Forms

Options
Laura
Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Whats the best way to handle a sheet (with formulas) populated by a web form? 

Right now, each Web Form populates at the end of the sheet, where the formulas stop, how can I eliminate that from happening?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Laura,

You need to make sure the formulas exist in the two rows above the row added by the WebForm.

Craig

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig, 

I changed the webform to populate to the top of the sheet and the formulas are working. When its set to the bottom of the sheet it skips several rows (with the formulas) and enters the information without the formulas. What could be the cause of this? 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a row appears to be empty, but is not.

Try deleting all the rows you think are empty and trying again.

Craig

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cleared all the cells - it still did it.

I deleted several rows - it still did it.

webform.png

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does the web form keep up with the # of entries and assign them to the appropriate row?

I'm not seeing a real significance to the # of places being skipped. Its different each time.

webforms2.png

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Laura 

Craigs instructions are spot on and this shouldnt be happening? 

Send an email to Support@smartsheet.com and see what they say, I cannot recreate the same result? 

Regards 

RichardR ( i work with Craig) 

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I'll do that!

I'm not sure if there's something set that is causing this that i'm not aware of (I've made a copy of someones sheet and added 2 web forms).

Adding results to the top does not cause the issue, only the bottom. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Laura,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm curious what support has to say.

Craig

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry I'm just now seeing this Craig.

They weren't sure either. I saved the sheet as new, cleared out everything and the problem didn't return. So my issue of why it was doing it on the other sheet is still unknown. If my workload slows down anytime soon, I'll try to look deeper into trying to discover the cause. There has to be a reason!

This discussion has been closed.