Distribution list updates

Hello, I was adding a company distribution list (250 people) to share few different smartsheets, however it seems does not work. I know there is the possibility to create DL in smartsheet but it is not conveniente as if someone join the company the DL does not auto update... meaning I need to provide access to the new person to 12 different SS.

Is there any solution on that? Am I doing something wrong adding the company DL when sharing SS´s?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Pablo G

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Pablo.

Could you utilize Groups for this? Check out this help article from Smartsheet:

Admin Center: Bulk Actions and More with User Management | Smartsheet Learning Center

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Hello Brett,

Thank you for you reply.

I was checking the article, unfortunately I don´t have admin access. However creating groups or doing the bulk actions, not sure if this will fix my problem.

The thing is that everybody from the company will get easily access to these 12 SS,s (actually is a Dashboard with connected reports). it is a big company and new hires are frequent and is not convenient to be providing access to 12 pages for each new worker.

Waiting for your thoughts.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Pablo G

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 12/08/21

Hi @Pablo Garcia Raposo ,

It sounds like you want to develop an easy way to have new members shared to a group of items and/or folders. Maybe creating a Workspace with all required items and adding new members to the Workspace sharing list could be a potential solution that avoids the process of sharing them individually to each of the items. You can obtain more information about Workspaces in the following Articles:

As @Brett Wyrick mentions, because the contact list is very large, it sounds like creating a Group would be the best approach. Since you mention you don't have the appropriate permissions, you may want to work in conjunction with a Group Admin in your organization (or ask a System Admin to give you Group Admin permissions) to create the Group and keep adding new contacts to it. You could then share the Group to the Workspace rather than each individual separately. Please check Share a Workspace  for more information on this.

I hope this can help you achieve what you intend.

Cheers,

Julio