SUM within a date range

Options

Hi,

I have 2 columns, 1 is a purchase amount, and the second is a purchase date. I'm looking to create a table from this that breaks down total amount purchased by quarter.

I've tried the following among a few other variations with no luck:

Q1: SUMIFS([Purchase]1:[Purchase]34, [Purchase Date]1:[Purchase Date]34, >=DATE(2021,1,1),[Purchase Date]1:[Purchase Date]34, <=DATE(2021,4,1))

It doesn't give me an error but it doesn't calculate properly

Tags:

Answers

• John Drugan
    John Drugan ✭✭✭
    Options

The formula worked great for me as is, but make sure your date column is formatted as such. You'll get a zero if it's formatted as a text column. If it's already formatted as a date column, maybe someone else can advise.

• jose7895
    Options

Thanks John, yeah it was working for me as well when I tested it but not working when I try to actually apply it to the group of data I'd like it to pull from it is just returning 0s. I do have it set up as a date column is why I'm confused. Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @jose7895

How is your Purchase column being populated? Is it possible that the formula is seeing these values as text and not numerical values, which is why you're getting 0? If the Purchase column is using a formula to generate values, it would be helpful to know what this is!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now