Controlling shortcuts on home page

Per what I can find, I can either allow suggestions to be shown or not. But it seems I have only limited control over what is suggested.

I can remove sheet from being suggested ever again but I cannot pin the sheet always for always remaining in the suggested list.

Suggestions based on recent activity is rather useless as when I am setting a new structure I could create and open 10s of items but most of them never be touched directly again (maybe from a dashboard or report). Even for stable setup, I can open multiple sheets during a given day and not be bothered by any of them next day while looking for other items (one day working with one client and another - with another).

Ideally, we can leave suggestions as they are. But what is needed is ability to organize a home page with a group of shortcuts to pinned items aka favorites - but favorites are currently displayed as a floating list not as a panel in the home page - it is flat list style, requires extra click, and closes on clicking out. Recently opened items are good as a reference but should be presented distinctly - separate from "suggestions".

All of these panels ideally to be switched on or off.

Is home page customizable? (I am on Business license plan).

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Vadim K ,

This would be a great feature suggestion!

In the meantime, I'll share with you what I've done: Out of frustration from the need to remember whether the sheet I need to access daily is on a workspace or in a folder or somewhere else completely, I decided to make a dashboard for myself.

It started out as a dashboard with sets of link categories (things I update daily, "go to" Smartsheet things I use regularly, and temporary "current" projects I'm working on). I set the dashboard to be my home screen and a bookmark on Chrome, so instead of going to www.smartsheet.com to log in, I use the URL for my dashboard.

Over the last year, my dashboard has been fluid, changing as my needs and projects change. I'm adding/deleting links, adding widgets with forms I regularly submit, reports, charts and data. What's best is that it is purely mine, so I can make whatever changes I need at any given moment. It has gone from just a place to organize links and save search time, to my personal hub that I visit multiple times daily.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• Vadim K
    Vadim K ✭✭

Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.

• m.loeffler
    m.loeffler ✭✭✭

Very nice idea. I will use this as the updated suggesting page is worse then ever.