How can I ensure a copy of responses goes to a designated person?

I saw a formula that automatically checks the box and auto-populates an email someone else fills out, but how do I make sure it goes to the same person or persons every time?

Referenced answer here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/79681/form-autofill-send-me-a-copy-of-my-responses

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @IDN SmartSheets

I hope you're well and safe!

The built-in feature in the form will always show the email of the one filling in the form (if they are logged in to Smartsheet) or be blank so they can add their email. (You can set in the form settings that they need to be logged in to view the form)

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Instead of relying on the form feature, you could add a Workflow with an Alert that sends a copy to the submitter and others as needed with a copy of the form submission.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå ,

Thank you for the reply! I'm a little confused about how to get a copy of the form submission still. We have the alerts set up to take us to the row that has been added, but I was hoping for a copy of their responses because the format is much nicer. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your time!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/29/21

An automated Alert can be set up to email each new row to a specific person. You can include whatever fields you want. Set it to send when a new row is added. As long as they're not submitting a form entry one right after another, single row Alerts will be sent to your designated recipient, with data in a vertical alignment similar to the form submission confirmation email.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@IDN SmartSheets

You're more than welcome!

If you want a nicer-looking format, you could also use the Document Builder feature, but you'd need to trigger it manually after the submission.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!