JOINING Contacts from Children rows to Parent

Aleksandra B.
Aleksandra B. ✭✭
edited 12/20/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi. I have active contacts from my contact list in Children row. I would like to bring them together in one cell in parent row. I understand function COLLECT needs to be used with another function. If it is JOIN, then it lists me all the names but they are not active contacts anymore. Is there a possibility to keep them active in Parent row?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There is currently no way to use a formula to output multiple usable contacts within a single cell even if the box in the column properties is checked to allow multiple contacts. Unfortunately what you are wanting would have to be manual entry on the parent row level.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There is currently no way to use a formula to output multiple usable contacts within a single cell even if the box in the column properties is checked to allow multiple contacts. Unfortunately what you are wanting would have to be manual entry on the parent row level.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com