Can we set cell linking based on conditions

I looked into a few formulas to do this such as if statements however I need to use cell linking because the value can be managed on both sheets. So if it changed on sheet A I also need that to update on sheet B (I have both an inbound and outbound link in the cell so it will work bi-directionally).

But with cell linking it links the entire column of cells and I only need it to link cells based on meeting certain criteria specified in another cell ( the quarter it is planned for)

Is there a way to link cells based on criteria? or another formula that could also accomplish this task?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @aubrey.moore

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using cross-sheet formulas instead?

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!