Index/Match Formula - No Match to show Blank

JenSJenS ✭✭✭✭✭
01/11/22
Accepted

I've been skimming the community here to try and find the IFERROR formula to add to my formula below so that if there is no match, a blank cell populates instead of #NO MATCH. The end goal is to populate a blank row so that users can put the right details into this cell from their reports. NO MATCH doesn't allow this.

Here's my formula; any help is appreciated!

=INDEX({Tracker Source Sheet}, MATCH([School/Task]@row, {Sheet where there is no match showing}, 0))

Best Answer

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You should be able to manually type over the #NO MATCH error then. But if you would prefer a blank instead, then the IFERROR would be incorporated like so...

=IFERROR(INDEX({Tracker Source Sheet}, MATCH([School/Task]@row, {Sheet where there is no match showing}, 0)), "")

thinkspi.com

Answers

Are you using this as a column formula? If so, you will not be able to manually enter data into the cell even if a blank is output.

If you are not using it as a column formula, then the error should not block manual entry.

thinkspi.com

• JenSJenS ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome - I am not using this as a column formula. Any help is appreciated!

Answer ✓

You should be able to manually type over the #NO MATCH error then. But if you would prefer a blank instead, then the IFERROR would be incorporated like so...

=IFERROR(INDEX({Tracker Source Sheet}, MATCH([School/Task]@row, {Sheet where there is no match showing}, 0)), "")

thinkspi.com

• JenSJenS ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

Happy to help. 👍️

thinkspi.com