User getting error in sharing sheet with the external client

I am adding external Id to the domain sharing list , but user got the below error, the Id user provided is different from the id appear from the error, Attached is the error snapshot. I am wondering where the problem lies. Please provide your input on this issue

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Go to your Account Administration page, under Security Controls (if you're a Smartsheet system admin,) and check if there's an approved domain sharing list.

The email address you're using for Tim is in an unapproved domain. The reason you're seeing a different domain in the error message is probably caused by his company changing domains at some point, and the address you're sharing with redirects to the domain you see in the error message.

Adding the domains in those two addresses for Tim to the Approved Domain list should solve the issue.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Appreciate your Quick response , will work on this & get back to you.