Approval Request REMINDER

Hello! We are trying to create a workflow that would include resending the Approval request X # days after the original Approval Request was sent but not yet answered. We're aware of reminders and update requests, but it's crucial that the Approval button is in the "reminder", so that the executives don't have to go search for that original email request. We are not seeing this option in the workflow itself. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Best Answer

• Jeff M.
    Jeff M. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Could you set up another approval workflow but use the "When a date is reached" and use the custom "Every X # days, and have the condition use the approval column "when blank"? This would send out emails for every unanswered, or "blank" approval. You could set additional column criteria to further customize which approval emails are re-sent.

Answers

• Jeff M.
    Jeff M. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Could you set up another approval workflow but use the "When a date is reached" and use the custom "Every X # days, and have the condition use the approval column "when blank"? This would send out emails for every unanswered, or "blank" approval. You could set additional column criteria to further customize which approval emails are re-sent.

• Lisa Lewis
    Lisa Lewis ✭✭✭

Thanks, Jeff! I will give that a try.

• MMerin
    MMerin ✭✭✭✭

Ms. Lewis, did this work for you?

• CDE_OSS
    CDE_OSS ✭✭

I am having the same issue. It would be ideal if the approval request could be send again with the approval button. Many times my boss have overlooked an approval that I need and it's difficult to get her approval without the approve button in the "update" or "resend" option. Did Ms. Lewis ever get a resolution?