Report Builder Automations

Options

Hello Smartsheet Community,

I'm building a report and I'm wondering if I click into an entire folder collection for my source sheet, will the report auto-include new grids that get added to those folders or will I have to manually add them as they get created?

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Drea Mora According to how reporting is supposed to work, the answer to your question is yes. I have had success with the idea you are pursuing. Just be sure you select at the folder level (as you have done in your screenshot), not just every sheet within a folder.

(But I still check every once in a while to be sure!)

dm

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Drea Mora

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Dale's excellent advice/answer.

The only way to update the Report with new sheets is by using a Workspace or the Premium App, Control Center.

If you select a Folder, it will not automatically update the Report if you add sheets to that Folder.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.