Autopopulate Fields from existing columns into a Form

Hi all,

I am trying to autopopulate two fields into my form from two existing columns with data.

I've been following the community and so far I am able to pull one field using this formula:

="Linktotheform............?NameandSurname=" + SUBSTITUTE(NameandSurname@row, " ", "%20")

Like that it works perfectly and I am able to do what I intend, but when I add another field, it does not take it into account. This is the formula I am using:

="Linktotheform............?NameandSurname=" + SUBSTITUTE(NameandSurname@row, " ", "%20") + "&ID=" + SUBSTITUTE(ID@row, " ", "%20")

As a result I get this:

What am I doing wrong in the formula?

I've tried looking into similar posts but I do not get the desired result.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Carlos

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @CarlosRod

I believe this is happening due to the email address having a ".com" which is ending the url string in Smartsheet.

Try re-ordering your fields so that you fill in the ID cell first, and then have the email be the last detail in the thread, like so:

="Linktotheform......?ID=" + SUBSTITUTE(ID@row, " ", "%20") + "&NameandSurname=" + SUBSTITUTE(NameandSurname@row, " ", "%20")

Let me know if this resolved it for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @CarlosRod

I believe this is happening due to the email address having a ".com" which is ending the url string in Smartsheet.

Try re-ordering your fields so that you fill in the ID cell first, and then have the email be the last detail in the thread, like so:

="Linktotheform......?ID=" + SUBSTITUTE(ID@row, " ", "%20") + "&NameandSurname=" + SUBSTITUTE(NameandSurname@row, " ", "%20")

Let me know if this resolved it for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks a lot, that solved the issue, by putting at the end the e-mail I've been able to add more fields to my formula:

="XXXXXXXX=" + SUBSTITUTE(NameandSurname@row, " ", "%20") + "&ID=" + SUBSTITUTE(ID@row, " ", "%20") + "&ServiceCenter=" + SUBSTITUTE(ServiceCenter@row, " ", "%20") + "&Manager=" + SUBSTITUTE(Manager@row, " ", "%20") + "&E-mail=" + SUBSTITUTE([E-mail]@row, " ", "%20")

• Genevieve P.

Wonderful! I'm glad that worked for you. Looks good! 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!