Column title limit

Hi

I'm a Canadian user and due to the language regulation in the Province of Quebec, we must be able to send communication according their preferred language. I can build two forms (English and French) and the data collected on the same sheet, not a concerned for us as our HR team is mostly fluent. I'm trying to find workaround as the language setting abilities for Smartsheet are limited. When it comes to automation (update, approval request), the column titles are only showing in English for other users, unless I create the name of the column in both language. The column name are limited in characters and I can't have both language... Is there a way to increase the characters in for the name, or is there another way around for using both language seamlessly in Smartsheet?

This is creating a real roadblock to be able to utilize smartsheet.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/26/22

Hi @Maryse Pellerin

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Add so-called Column Helpers for each Question and add the Question to the rows instead (you can set it to a default value in the form), Lock the column, but include it in the Update Request and similar before the Original Column. (You could also rename the column with the Question to something more general and then use the helper columns for different languages)

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.