Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Document Library

Options
Phil Best
Phil Best ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Has anyone at Smartsheet considered a document -folder/file library built into the platform?

I want to allow sharing with an integrated document library so they can use these documents such as fillable PDF's/Word/Excel together with rows in the sheet. This is for a project management system- with a number of stakeholders.

I've looked at Dropbox and currently evaluating Microsoft SharePoint using a URL link- while this seems to work ok it's a clunky solution. If there was a document library which could be accessed directly through Smartsheet it would be streamlined and allow for security permissions etc, as these documents have some IP around them, so I want to keep them protected. Other solutions require accounts and add significantly to the cost and useability. Any ideas on this would be great!

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

An integration with Google Drive would be nice. I think that any providing access to any folder structure would be handy. Perhaps shared files could exist in a folder, and while sharing could be done item by item, maybe providing access to those folders would be done as well. This could prove handy where maybe certain processes would require a set of documents to be completed. 

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Phil and Mike.... 

Ask and you shall receive! Obviously this solution has not got to you guys yet. 

Document Library, Project asset storage all detailed and described using the below link. it is called OverDRIVE because it is the user interface for Google's Drive and adds considerable value by providing easy navigation to corp data and projects. Access Smartsheet directly from the user screen or just see your KPI data visually in real time from active Smartsheets. Excellent control over who sees what! 

It is not expensive and can users can be shown very quickly how to utilise it. 

http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/overdrive/ 

Created by our Partners local to us in Yorkshire UK who are Google Developers from client demand. 

Anyone  Demo or discuss the potential, email me and I will put you in direct contact.  

Regards

Richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com 

ps Universities get a special rate too! 

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If smartsheet incorporated functionality like Metadrive they would dominate document management. I'm currently using smartsheet to manage invoices, bids, certificates of insurance, receipts and pick-tickets with sheet attachments. I have 80 other document types that I am brainstorming about how to manage. Using folders for 10 years has no validation or accountability.

This discussion has been closed.