Dynamic View - Comments section

Glenn Ige
Glenn Ige ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi everyone,

On the comments section of the Details pane in Dynamic View, is there a limit to the amount of messages and/or characters per message? I'd like to use this to capture

Also, if someone replies to an @ message with an email, does it capture Rich Text? Or will it only capture an email response as Plain text?

Thanks,

Glenn

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 02/04/22

Hi @Glenn Ige

Currently the Comments section in a Sheet (and in Dynamic View) has a limit of 10,000 characters per comment. There isn't a way to set a restriction on the characters at this time, or the number of comments that can be input.

However you could turn off this feature in Dynamic View so no comments could be made, then use a few Fields in the Details Panel (columns in the sheet) to capture comments, if that would work for you? Cell character limits are set to 4,000 characters.

In regards to replying to an @mention via email, the cell in Smartsheet will capture this as Plain text. There currently isn't a way to apply rich text in a comment field. See the Notes section in this Help Article, here: Tag Someone With the @ Sign

Please let the Product team know about your feature requests by filling in this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Glenn Ige
    Glenn Ige ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thank you for your response. I'll make sure to submit my feature request.

Best,

Glenn