Is there any option to restrict the number of answers in a form?

Hi ,I would need to know if smartsheet gives the option to restrict the number of answers in a form. For instance, I have to schedule 3 Workshops, (WS1, WS2 and WS3) and I would like to have just 30 people in each one.

then, I would like that Smartsheet form would send a note informing that there is not any space in this workshop when the figure of 30 is reached.

Do you help on this??

Many thanks in advance

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ana Merino

There's not an easy way to do this. But I did help someone recently figure out a way to kind of sort of do it. It involves automation rules on the underlying registration.

Your user would need to either supply an email address on the form or already be logged into Smartsheet. I am assuming the user selects just one of the three workshops from a dropdown list or something similar, in a column called "Workshop".

You would need a column in your sheet for each workshop that is keeping a running count of the registrations for that workshop. For instance, in column called "WS1-Count,"

=COUNTIF(Workshop:Workshop, "WS1")

Do this for each of three columns counting entries for the three workshops.

Then add an automation rule with three condition paths:

Trigger: When rows are Added

Condition block one: Where "Workshop" is "WS1" AND "WS1-Count" is greater than 30

Action block one: Send Alert to registrant that the workshop is full. In the alert message, include the columns with the counts from the other two workshops, and invite them to register for any that is below 30 registrants.

Condition block two: Where "Workshop" is "WS2" AND "WS2-Count" is greater than 30

and so on...

Make sure you include a system column in your registration sheet for Created date, that way you can easily filter and sort to find the first 30 registrants for each workshop by registration date/time.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Ana Merino
    Ana Merino ✭✭✭

Hi Jeff, I will try. Many thanks for your help.

Ana