Using INDEX/MATCH with images

Hi all,

Is it possible to use an INDEX/MATCH formula to bring an image from one sheet into another?

If not, anyone recommend a solution/ work around?

I am building a new sheet that utilizes INDEX/MATCH to bring in info from several others and I would like to be able to bring in these images from their source document.

Unfortunately, I cannot build it as a report as I need to add automations to the new sheet.

(and there are far too many images for me to manually add to this new sheet - and then maintain)

Thanks!

Kyle

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kyle Morgan

Currently cross-sheet formulas in Smartsheet referencing an image in a cell can only return the name of the image in a text string, versus the image itself. You could direct use Cell Links to bring in the image.

Or, if the image will be static after the first row creation, you could have a copy row workflow bring the original row with the image into this second sheet.

Please provide your feedback on formulas and images to the Product team through this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Genevieve!

I think that with a few adjustments to our current templates / process, I may be able to utilize the "Copy Row" workflow.

I appreciate you taking the time to address my question.

Have a great day!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!