Problem with Automation - Conditional Path

I have automation set up to work off a checkbox column. When I check the box, I want four separate emails to go out to four separate groups. Each group's email provides a distinct link specific to them. The automation is set up for "message only" - no links to the sheet or specific fields. The automation permissions are set to "unrestricted." It is one workflow with four paths. See screenshot.

When I check the box and save the sheet, the automation sends to only the first group in the path. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nancy Mayberry

I hope you're well and safe!

The way Conditional Paths works is that it will stop when one Path is true, and it will not continue evaluating the others.

You'd either need to continue down through multiple steps or add multiple Workflows.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers