results to appear without post decimal digits

Hi.

lets say I have the following columns

"rent total" "SquareMeters" "rent_per_SquareMeter"

I enter the rent, then the SqM and have a formula (rent/SqM) to calculate the "rent per SquareMeter".

So far so good. If the rent is 100 and if I have 30 SqM, the the "rent per SquareMeter" is 33,333333333.

I know how to format the last column so that it will only display 33,33.

Here is my challenge.

I also have a summary tab with the following formula:

="The rent per Squaremeter is:" + [rent_per_SquareMeter]@row

which results in:

The rent per Squaremeter is: 33,3333333

You can guess my question: How can I apply the format to limit the result to 2 post decimal digits only?

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi Steve.

I am not aware about formatting in formula directly but I was dealing with similar issue like below. Find position for "." and used LEFT function.

Please see pictures below, maybe it will help.

• Hi Tatiana,

thank you so much for setting up this sheet, the formulas and the screenshots. I´m not 100% whats happening there, but it works!! You did a great job!

Still wondering why it is called smartsheet though... There should be an easier way to get there.

Can a similar formula be applied to turn a 1000 into a 1,000?

Thanks!

Sven

• Hi Sven.

Formatting by itself is preatty straigt forward. I suggested this workaround as in case that you want to combine it into text it will looks like that

similar is with thousand format

you can format thousand here but the text will still look like original number

And answer your questions: yes it is possible to this kind of formatting to text as well via similar workaround as I did above.

• here is workaround which I used in the past. Maybe there is more simple way which I did not figure out but here we go:

• I appreciate your efforts. I really do, but its the 21. century and its called SMARTsheet....

Smartsheet developers: Shouldn´t this be an easy fix? When I copy and paste something, I also get the option HOW to paste it. If this could be worked in the formular, that would be a great solution...

Thanks!

Sven