DocuSign Tracking Column not updating

The tracking column on a mapping is on and is working correctly when I send/generate a document(Admin). However when another staff (Editor permission/does have a Smartsheet License) sends the tracking column is not updating---it is blank. The column properties: drop down single select (Status of DocuSign is listed) the column is locked.

I did a screen share on zoom with the individual and walked through the exact same steps as when I complete the process, but the tracking column status did not update. Then I did it and it worked. The person has the same access to the DocuSign Account as I do.

We both saved, refreshed and I went back to the sheet 30 minutes after the meeting to recheck the mapping, the DocuSign status (on DocuSign) and it is not updating on the tracking column.

Has anyone experienced this and what is the solution?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Charlene Stacy

If your shared user has the correct permissions in DocuSign, then even as an Editor in Smartsheet they should be able to generate documents you've set up and have the Tracking column auto-update. What you're describing is definitely unexpected behaviour.

I would recommend reaching out to Support with screen recordings, but I've checked and it looks like you've already done so! Please continue the conversation with Support as they'll be able to work with you in a private channel where you can share additional details like the other user's email.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Charlene Stacy

If your shared user has the correct permissions in DocuSign, then even as an Editor in Smartsheet they should be able to generate documents you've set up and have the Tracking column auto-update. What you're describing is definitely unexpected behaviour.

I would recommend reaching out to Support with screen recordings, but I've checked and it looks like you've already done so! Please continue the conversation with Support as they'll be able to work with you in a private channel where you can share additional details like the other user's email.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I have been using a sheet, where I am the owner, to update status and attach documents using DocuSign. It had been working fine for the last 3 months. This week I have several documents showing as completed in DocuSign but the status is not updated in the sheet nor is it being attached. What could be causing this?

• Hi @J Adrian

I would try re-authenticating with DocuSign:

1. Select any row and click the three vertical dots to bring up the row context menu and click “Generate Documents”

2. Login with Smartsheet credentials if necessary and click the “Create” button in the top right corner

3. Select “E-Sign” and click “Next”

4. Click “Login”