Adding Hour Duration to your project schedule and predeccesors

Options

Hi I am attempting to move our production schedule from MS Project to Smartsheet. But I am having difficulty with showing the start times and finish times per task and have it auto-update based on the hours manually entered into the sheet..

The duration column reads days only, and the sheet only shows start date and finish date based on this column. I would also like it to show the start time of the job, say 6am, if duration is 3 hours then finish time is 9am, and so on.

see below snapshot of my smartheet as it is, with a snapshot of our MSProject schedule

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @JM1

I answered your other post, here, as well. Smartsheet doesn't currently have the ability to set Time along with dates as the Start/End of tasks. You can set a Duration to be in hours (ex. 3h) on a specific day, but it won't show what hours those are. This could be identified in a separate helper column, if needed.

If you're using Smartsheet to track resources over time and dates, I would recommend looking into Resource Management by Smartsheet and the Resource Management Panel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!