Duplicate email entry

BSM_Dave
BSM_Dave ✭✭
edited 02/22/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have a SmartSheet form that is collecting information from our customers.

We want to record their email address so I have created a field to capture that.

I also want to provide the ability for the user to request a copy of their submission - part of the form functionality.

The problem I want to eliminate is when someone selects to have a copy of the submission they have to type in their email address twice. Is there any way to get around this?

Best Answer

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@BSM_Dave Short answer, no. The form is functioning independent of the data collection. So the submitter could enter any email address they wanted into that second email field, and have the form send the confirmation there.

Sometimes, when the confirmation is important AND we want to augment information from the form with information in the sheet, we use workflow to see the incoming row of information and send back to the submitter a "confirmation message". That message could contain other specific information such as response time based on type of request.

That message would then go to the email address the submitter entered into the form, and we only ask once.

dm

Answers