Dashboard Levels in this error when performing a Control Center global update?

DavidG_WFIACN
DavidG_WFIACN ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I get these errors, but not sure how to troubleshoot when attempting to perform a global update to a dashboard. I checked all the references in the widgets, ownership/access, etc.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @DavidG_WFIACN

There's currently an issue that we're looking in to with Global Updates and Metric Widgets that source data from the Sheet Summary data.

Please adjust the dashboard template to either remove Metrics that are based on Sheet Summary fields, or pull from grid/row data instead (you could pull the Sheet Summary information into the grid with a formula, then reference that cell in the widget).

Once Sheet Summary based metric widgets have been removed / replaced, the Global Updates should run without errors!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks for the response. I would have to completely rework the sheet which pulls that information. That is quite a bit of work and retraining that would been needed. There are a couple of Summary fields that are manually entered plus items that come off a status report sheet that grabs the current items.

• Is this issue still occurring or has a fix been applied? I am also having the same issue.

• JKHALID
    JKHALID ✭✭

Following up on this issue. I am also facing the same error however in my case, I am not using any metric widgets with the sheet summary as a source.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @JKHALID

I checked in with Support and they let me know they've been in touch with you about these errors. You should have a detailed response in your inbox 🙂

If you still need help, please keep following-up in that ticket so they can help troubleshoot 1:1 in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/31/23

I will be reaching out to Support to open a ticket, but I am hoping someone might have some insight specifically into the one about the Dashboard Level (I don't have any metrics widgets referring to sheet summary fields). 🤞

• Is anyone aware of how to workaround this error? I am not planning to redesign the dashboards (which were designed by Smartsheet solution implementors btw). I am not very pleased about having to manually update 40 dashboards with my new widget.

Thanks for sharing any insights or workarounds for this issue.