Form entry/Copy row automation/Row location

Hello all! I am really hoping this is something easy I am just overlooking. The sheet above has a form. When the form is completed the row of information does not populate in the first available row, but a random row typically 25+. The sheet above had the first row populate at 49 and the automation from this sheet to another sheet (same sheet replicated) had the row populate at 31. Is there a way to get these to populate at a designated row (to start with) or at the first available row?

Bonus Question- I would love to be able to limit a sheet to a specific amount of rows. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ian777

I hope you're well and safe!

• You'll have to delete the previously used rows.
    • As a possible workaround, you could add a Workflow that Alerts when the number of rows has been reached, or it's getting close to it.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ian777

I hope you're well and safe!

• You'll have to delete the previously used rows.
    • As a possible workaround, you could add a Workflow that Alerts when the number of rows has been reached, or it's getting close to it.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!