Move to Another Sheet function

I regularly move completed items to another sheet. The last time I did this the data neither moved, nor remained and now I can't find it. i tried an undo, which wasn't available. i tried to e boot, and I still don't have the information.

i need to find these items or attempt to recreate them and just acknowledge that all of the data saved on those line is gone forever. can anyone suggest a solution and a reason for the issue in the first place? I have been using the product for 5 years and have never has this function fail before.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Click through like you are going to move another row but stop where it allows you to select which sheet to move it to. It usually defaults to the last sheet that was selected. It may be that something happened and the wrong sheet was accidentally selected when your data disappeared.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thank you so much. I did verify that I had selected the correct sheet. It isn't on the other sheets . It just disappeared. I thank you for your time though!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. Did you scroll all the way to the bottom of the target sheet?

IF there was data in some rows and the data was deleted (but the rows were not) leaving them looking blank, they are still considered "used". The move and copy row automations will place it on the next unused row.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com