Sorting from Filtered tasks & Auto-Alert with properly sequenced task list to individual users

Hello,

2 Questions:

1) When I have filtered task lists and I want to sort sequentially; the sort option is disabled. Is there any way to sort tasks on filtered tasks list? (see below). I tried to sort by adding WBS column with format of 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc with various levels/hierarchy; however, that did not work either. What is the best practice is showing the sequence.

2) Is there any way to automate and alert task assignees with a report of tasks that is only applicable to them and properly sequenced. For example, I would like the person to see a list of tasks that are ordered in sequence starting with earliest and ending with latest tasks? IF so, Can that be accomplished with an automated alert where multiple assignees are selected or I need to create a single alert for each task assignee?

Thanks much!

I_Ali

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try looking into a report. That will allow you to filter based on sheet data and then sort those results.

You can also set up a report to send on a recurring schedule and have the filter set to "Current User".

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thanks Paul!

I was looking for a solution within Smartsheet app without exporting into a report.

My objective was to provide access to project sheet to individual users who are able to filter

tasks by their name (I created separate filters for each person working on the project) and then they

should be able to sort through their tasks by sorting their sequence of activities. I guess I could export a report on a weekly basis but i wanted to avoid any manual work. Can something like this be automated using the automation tool?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you create the report you can automatically have it send as an attachment and set it up to be on a recurring basis.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com