How to cascade the same grouping of rows multiple times for device management in a form

Bozarth
Bozarth
edited 03/07/22 in Smartsheet Basics

If I have a row that says "how many devices do you have?" And a user inputs 6 (for example). I would want the form to present the same grouping of three rows (serial number, location, owner), six times. That way each device has a unique place to document these discrete items and they file back to the same column in the smartsheet.

How do I accomplish this?

Tags:

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

You can, but the data will not be normalized. You will need a column for each device. Like this:

Your form design will use logic like this:

For 1 device

For 2 devcices:

When I say that the data will not be normalized, I mean that normally, a person with three devices will have three records. You can do something like collect the information in this form, and then use cross-sheet references to transform the data.

• Rodney Stowell
    edited 09/29/22

So the above states that no row accumilation can be done. You have to have seperate columns for each device and owner and it would be stretched across columns instead of compacted under one header row with multiple sub rows below.

I had to manualy indent the below rows. Would love to be able to auto indent from form input.