I need to link data from newly inserted row column C, E and F from SOURCE sheet to DESTINATION sheet

I can link data from existing rows (from source sheet) but if NEW ROW gets inserted I need a solution that can link data from the particular columns in that row to destination sheet.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Harpreet

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add so-called helper columns. One auto-number in the Source sheet and then a Number type column in the Destination sheet, and then you could use cross-sheet references and INDEX/MATCH to connect them.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you. But row in the source sheet doesn't exist as yet.

The solution I'm seeking is EVERYTIME A NEW ROW GETS ADDED (inserted on top) in source sheet. I want to link cell c, e and from the source sheet to cell a, b and d of destination sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Harpreet

Happy to help!

That's why we're using the Auto-Number column, and as long as you've added the numbers in the column in the Destination sheet, it will work.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.