Summary Reporting Errors

Options
Zeb Loewenstein
Zeb Loewenstein ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm receiving the following two errors while trying to update Summary Reporting via Control Center. This would be for sheets retroactively added to projects already on the Control Center platform; think new content. I've confirmed the summary report exists within the blue print and has the exact naming conventions as the column names.

The primary column (Client Name) gets updated respectively without a cell linkage. The other columns don't update at all...

Any suggestions for how to address?

Errors

1. "Summary Reporting: no summary report for sheet 'CS Portfolio Metric Rollup'."
  2. "Summary Reporting: fail to update cell links to reporting sheet 'CS Portfolio Metric Rollup - Patient'. Error message: An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact the Support team at https://help.smartsheet.com/contact for assistance.(4000)"

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Zeb Loewenstein

For the first error, I've seen this happen when no profile data is found when scanning the sheets that were provisioned for the project.

To resolve this, review the following:

• Check that the templates have “Summary” section in the sheets that are supposed to link to the summary sheet.
    • Also check that “Summary” is not misspelled or deleted
    • Check that the names of the Profile Data in the summary sections match the column titles of the summary sheet
    • Blueprint Builder: Blueprint Summary: Ensure that the sheet with the profile data is checked 
    • (Update Reporting) This error will also occur if the profile data sheet has been moved out of the original folder where it was provisioned.

For the second error, this can appear if Control Center is attempting to create a cell link in a cell that is not allowed to contain cell links (ex. Cell with column formula, Finish dates, Predecessors, Parent rollups, Start dates with a dependency, System Columns...)

If this doesn't explain your issue, please do contact Support with the following details:

• A time frame (with time zone) of when you experienced the error
    • The email address of the SCC primary lead
    • The name and Sheet ID of the blueprint summary sheet
    • Screenshots of each page in your SCC Blueprint settings

Thanks!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Zeb Loewenstein

For the first error, I've seen this happen when no profile data is found when scanning the sheets that were provisioned for the project.

To resolve this, review the following:

• Check that the templates have “Summary” section in the sheets that are supposed to link to the summary sheet.
    • Also check that “Summary” is not misspelled or deleted
    • Check that the names of the Profile Data in the summary sections match the column titles of the summary sheet
    • Blueprint Builder: Blueprint Summary: Ensure that the sheet with the profile data is checked 
    • (Update Reporting) This error will also occur if the profile data sheet has been moved out of the original folder where it was provisioned.

For the second error, this can appear if Control Center is attempting to create a cell link in a cell that is not allowed to contain cell links (ex. Cell with column formula, Finish dates, Predecessors, Parent rollups, Start dates with a dependency, System Columns...)

If this doesn't explain your issue, please do contact Support with the following details:

• A time frame (with time zone) of when you experienced the error
    • The email address of the SCC primary lead
    • The name and Sheet ID of the blueprint summary sheet
    • Screenshots of each page in your SCC Blueprint settings

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Zeb Loewenstein
    Zeb Loewenstein ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Genevieve,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

1) For the first issue I discovered there were sheets in the Deleted folder. Re-adding to the folder location and updating dynamic reporting fixed the issue.

2) For the 2nd issue I was trying to map a Profile data element represented by a date to an automatic column. Changing the column type in the summary report fixed the issue.

Thanks again!

Zeb

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi Zeb,

Thanks for following up and letting me know how you resolved each issue! I'm glad everything is working now for you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Zeb Loewenstein
    Zeb Loewenstein ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Genevieve - if the source sheets have changed sub-folder location within the blue print, is there a way to rectify that on the backend to avoid the Update Reporting error?

As we've grown with Control Center over the last couple months, so has our blue print structure. Looking for an easy way to validate this detail as it's not obvious from the error prompt.

Best,

Zeb