Sending out a liability waiver to 500 of our employees, how do I monitor whats been acknowledged?

I'm trying to send out a liability waiver to 500 of our employees. I want to automate this somehow to save time and not have to go through every message to determine whos read/understood the terms.

Answers

• Have you tried creating a form to capture acknowledgements (employee email address, date, acknowledgment check [checkbox])?

Depending on how you've sent out the waiver once (through Smartsheet form via hyperlink to share drive, etc, other company software, or direct via email). You could possibly have employees enter this information through the form and then could do a VLOOKUP on a master employee list to see if the employee email address has an acknowledgment checked to return "Acknowledged"/"Pending".

*I am not the guru on Smartsheet that others may be so this may not be the best option.*

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Carlo R

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Caitlin's excellent advice/answer. Here are a couple of options.

• Workflow with Alert combined with a Form and the URL Query feature. Include a pre-formatted URL with information about the receiver and include it in the Alert. It could be structured do it's collected in a so-called helper sheet and connected to the main sheet to show who has accepted and is similar.
    • Add all receivers to a sheet (one by row) and use the Update Request feature.
    • Same as previous, but as an Approval request
    • Form set, so they have to be logged in to see it, automatically identifying the submitter.
    • Share a report with the current user criteria, and they can see their Waiver and can confirm
    • WorkApps with a Report with the Current User criteria. The difference from the previous is that they don't need access to the underlying sheet(s).

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.