Notification issues - Some delayed, one user not getting emails

Mike S.
Mike S. ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I have notification weirdness that I can't solve. I have two sheets with similar notifications. For one, when the automation is triggered, the notification shows up in a matter of seconds. For the other sheet ,the notification almost always takes one or multiple minutes and some don't seem to show up at all.

Additionally, one user who appears to have email notifications turned on, is not receiving any notifications while others in the organization are. We have gone through the whitelisting process as well.

Any ideas of where to look on these two issues?

Thank you!

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike,

The time for notification show up is quite random, I have the same situation with you. It takes seconds to minutes. You can refresh the browser then notifications can be to updated sooner.

For the issue of receiving email notifications, you can check 2 points:

Check the automation permissions of workflows. If the user is not shared the sheet then you should select Limited or Unrestricted option

Check unsubscribed status of the user for a specific workflow. If the user has unsubscribed to receive notification, then he needs to re-subscribe to the workflow

Hope that helps.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.