Printing Group/Summary Reports

I have added 3 groups to selection of data and had each one summed for total but when I export to .pdf it only shows them in the standard grid. I need to be able to print it out/send the report with grouping and summary tool.

If this is not possible (crazy to have but not be able to print) are there alternative ways to complete this.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jlvansurksum

I hope you're well and safe!

Smartsheet is working on it!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment. To add your vote!

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I ran into this same issue with a colleague requesting to print the grouped report. I setup a Report Widget in a Dashboard for him to allow printing the report showing the groups w/summaries on various columns. Drawbacks are that the widget size (length) is not dynamic, so as long as the report doesn't grow to be huge, then it should be visible in the printout. Also, it appears that the widget maxes out in size to around 100 rows of data even when dragging the widget down further and further. Also, the column headers/labels don't repeat per page and some content may get cut off between pages. So it isn't without flaws, but if users can keep the report small, then it should be useable (at least for my team's use case I'm hoping that will work).

Looking forward to having the support to print the grouped Reports right from the Report page since that could also be setup on a recurrence.

• Don't know if it will be any help to you.

I was also facing the same problem. Then, I created a dashboard and added new report and selected the summary report I wanted to print. And after I save them, I was able to print summary report with groups. But the only drawback is I was not able to print with color coding.