Auto create multiple sheets for one project

Hi there folks. I'm fairly new, so this may be a fairly basic question. I'm using Smartsheet for project management, I'm in the planning and intake team. When we intake a new request and it's approved, I need to then create a project from that request record. When I create this new project do I need to manually create a bunch of sheets and manually link them all? A main project sheet with the classic gantt view, another for a detailed budget, another with risks and such... This seems like a lot of manual work.

I am hoping I can essentially navigate to my row in the intake sheet that is approved and needs the project and click "create new project" or something and have these several worksheets all created and linked for me. I'm willing to build the manual workflows, but I don't know where to start or if this is even possible.

Any thoughts or tips?

Answers

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Having a project template set created automatically from an Intake Sheet requires the use of Control Center.

An alternative, and somewhat less manual effort than completely setting up templates from scratch, would be to create a “project toolset” folder with all of your templates. Then just right-click the folder and Save As New. It will maintain links between Sheets, Reports and Dashboards within the template set. However, you’ll need to manually make the links to Summary sheets…etc.

Control Center automated these same steps, it incorporates the Summary sheet linking and has some other functionality.