Reports Not Updating Live

Options
Jonathan Gann
Jonathan Gann ✭✭✭
edited 03/25/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm trying to shift our company towards using reports more, instead of multiple people interacting with sheets directly (and thus making version control difficult when minor items are changed, particularly on Control Center provisions) -- To this end, I've been given feedback about reports that indicate that they do not update formulas, automation actions, or conditional formatting live. This means that whenever a user needs data on the sheet updated to match what they've entered (this could be as simple as a sum of the cells they're entering into on a header, or as complicated as an index/match formula checking to make sure a vendor they enter is in our database), they're required to save the page, then completely refresh the report. This makes what would otherwise be a preferable avenue for handling data a slog of extra actions that the user must take.

Is there any way around the constant save/refresh loop when interacting with data via Reports?

Answers

• Intern98
    Intern98 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi unfortunately this is the way SS reports work. It prevents accidental error from overwriting your work done which is more important IMO. If you want real time over the air collaborative work, google alternative might better suit your needs.

For me, saving and refreshing as and when cells are updated seems reasonable and is a safer option