Automation Issues

Options

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday, I am relatively new to smart sheets and had a question in regards to the automation feature. So I have this sheet specific to techs out in the field and once they fill out what they are suppose to, they are able to check off a box for completed work. That will automatically trigger the automation and move/copy the row to two destinations sheets. The issue that I have is on those destination sheets I have =sum, and =if functions in certain columns to calculate a monetary value. When the row transfers over it does not automatically go to the first row, it goes to the bottom of the page and creates a new row that does not have any function's in it. Is there something I'm doing wrong or maybe a workaround? I have attached a screenshot of the destination sheet just for reference. The Info at the bottom is the row that was moved from the source sheet I would appreciate any advice, help , or tips!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the first blank row number (on the far left) then shift+click on the last one. Right click, then delete. This will delete the empty rows as opposed to just removing data and having blank cells in filled rows.

You may also want to look into converting your formulas into column formulas so you do not have to worry about blank rows messing up the autofill.

Answers