How does Work Insights calculate column totals?

Options

I need to know what would make a row show up as "Blank" in the column snapshot. The initial snapshot show the correct column totals but also included a Blank column with a count of about 700. I entered a filter for "Does not Contain "=" because I figured it was counting formulas in blank rows, and that lowered the blank column from 700 to about 328. I then tried to enter another formula saying "Does not Contain" "" to see if that would filter out the rest of the blank columns but that didn't work. I'm trying to think of what else the Column Snapshot is counting for that blank column.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Miles Allison

Those are the two filters that I would suggest: does not contain "" and does not contain "="

It's difficult to know what's happening without seeing your actual sheet data: the column being used in the snapshot, column type, what formulas are being used, etc.

I would suggest that if adding those two filters has not removed the "Blank" column (after saving & refreshing etc), then you may want to follow-up with Support where you can share full screen captures and perhaps a screen recording of your sheet and its data. They'll be able to troubleshoot with you in a private channel where you can share this data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now