Form Submissions Not Showing on Chart

JessW
JessW ✭✭✭
edited 04/13/22 in Smartsheet Basics

We have a form that is capturing some submissions but not others. There are no hidden rows, no filters, and I've scrolled down to the bottom to see if anything is populating down there - nothing. For the ones we're missing, they don't even show up in the activity log, and we don't get notified via the workflow, either. We found out about it when a member forwarded her confirmation email to us just to check and make sure we had it - and we hadn't! But she got a confirmation email, so she did submit. So now, we don't know how many we've missed. Help!! How can we find these submissions??

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JessW Some things to try:

Do a global search in Smartsheet for one of the values the user submitted as recorded on her confirmation email, see if it was saved on another sheet.

Double-check the Form URL she used to be sure it's the correct one for that sheet.

Clear browser cache and reload the sheet, or access the sheet through a different browser.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• JessW
    JessW ✭✭✭

Thanks, @Jeff Reisman. Global search didn't turn anything else up; form URL was correct; clearing browser cache and opening in another browser both showed the same results. Still stuck. Can you think of any other ideas?

Thank you!!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Review your automation workflows on the sheet, make sure there's nothing clearing cells.

I assume you've tested submitting entries yourself via the form and they show up?

Do your submitters have to login to add entries via the form, or can anyone add entries if they have the URL? If they have to login, put their login into the collaborators line in the Activity log, select all the actions and a nice big date range, and see what you get.

Lastly, if you have phone support with Smartsheet, give them a call and see what they see behind the scenes. If you don't have phone support, you can submit a ticket online but it's going to be a while before you get answers, IF you get answers.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• JessW
    JessW ✭✭✭

Thank you again! The only workflows we have are alert-based; nothing's clearing anything. No logins are required, and a test submission worked fine. I'll escalate to support. Much appreciated!

• Hello,

Did you ever find out why this was happening? We are experiencing the same issue.

• Good morning! Curious as to the resolution to this issue as I am not experiencing the same problem. I don't know how many submissions we missed out on yesterday as nothing new is showing on the activity log, including the test submissions I and another user submitted.