Template PMO Question

When I download the template from Smartsheet Template Set - PMO. I edit some of the intake form questions and then open form and enter in the data in the Intake form the data goes on to the Intake form but does not go in to the boxes where it will link with the Project metadata sheet for the rest of the sheets to work in the template. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Hi @AlLas

What types of edits did you make to the Form?

Form fields are directly associated with a column in Smartsheet. If you've removed a field and added a new one, this will mean that the data input will add to a new column, one that doesn't have a cell link or formula looking at it. See step 2 in the Template Instructions, here (it notes not to delete fields from the form, but adding new ones is fine).

If you added new fields and are looking to bring that through to the Metadata sheet, you'll need to make sure you add these new columns to the Metadata sheet as well, copying the format (with the name of the column in the top row) and drag over the formula to the new cells.

The Template Instructions linked above will be your best resource as you update the sheets.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Kate K
    Kate K ✭✭

@Genevieve P.

What if you deleted the header row? Is there a way to get this back into the template?

• Hi @Kate K

You can add a new row anywhere in the sheet, put the column names in each cell, then drag that to be the top row. Then you'll need to adjust the {range} in the INDEX(MATCH(MATCH formula to look at the new top row. Let me know if you need help with any part of that!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now