Smartsheet assistance.

@Genevieve P. I hope you are well?

I haven't message in the forum for a while as my Smartsheet has expired and it has taken me a while to get a license.

I was wondering if you can assist with a issue I am having with a project I am working on.

I am creating a timesheet form and I require some sort of automation or something similar.

In my sheet I require if one cell is change it populate another cell with something that is already logged elsewhere.

for example in my sheet if I change the project manager name to : John smith from my dropdown list(contact list), in another column or sheet to John Smith = UK.

I hope I am making sense I have attached my work so far and make a comment to try and make it clearer.

In advance I hope you don't mind me messaging you directly as you have helped me previously and it worked.

Thank you in advance.

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Majid Kayani

There are a few ways you can do this.

If you have fairly small list of countries and they each correspond with a set list of people, then I would suggest using a Change Cell Workflow.

See: Change the Value of a Cell in an Automated Workflow

You can use Condition Blocks to identify the different people, then the associated Country.

See: Condition Blocks: Filter What Your Automated Workflows Send

If you have too many countries, then yes, you could have a second sheet where One Column has all the Countries listed and then a multi-select column lists all the people associated with each country.

Then you would use an INDEX(COLLECT formula to bring back the Country based on the Assigned To value:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Country Column}, {Multi Contact Column}, HAS(@cell, [Assigned To]@row)), 1)

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now