Has anyone used the Sync Columns from Docusign to Smartsheet?

When setting up a mapping in Document Generation, has anyone used the optional field to enable data syncing. You select the columns you want to sync. Then when your e-sign recipients update the matching DocuSign fields, your Smartsheet columns will update. 

It is not working for me, I do have in a support ticket but wondered if there were any helpful tips or tricks to having it work properly. Or if others experienced issues and what actions resolved the issues.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Charlene Stacy

Working with Support will be the best way to troubleshoot this. It's difficult to know what may be happening without seeing your set-up and configuration, so Support can work with you in a private channel where you can share this information.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Charlene Stacy

Working with Support will be the best way to troubleshoot this. It's difficult to know what may be happening without seeing your set-up and configuration, so Support can work with you in a private channel where you can share this information.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Genevieve! I am working with the support team for about a month but was hoping that someone in the community was using the feature to gain any insight they might have and/or shortcuts to make the process easier. I was looking for any past posts on the subject, but couldn't find any, so I did a call out to the community. Thanks again for your help.

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Charlene Stacy

How did you go with the support team? Was there an easy fix?

I've also opted to sync data. Like you, the client entered data during the docusign process stays on the pdf document, but is not showing up (syncing) with Smartsheet.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭

I never used the function, it took a while for the resolution with the upper-level support team (3 months), and by the time they explained the process, of the project I was working on, the project was moving in a different direction. I do wish when support explains something or fixes it they would update the informaiton available for training. I don't remember the exact details of the fix, I do recall it was the properties of the column. I had it set to Dropdown (single Select) restrict to dropdown values only and had to change it to Dropdown (single select) not restrictions- this allowed the information to move from DocuSign to Smartsheet.

Here is an article I found today on the DocuSign in general https://help.smartsheet.com/topics/document-builder