Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Opening a link to a sheet (Smartsheet), while utilizing the Smartsheet App

Options
Justin Bastin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have employees that exclusively operate within the Smartsheet App (iPhone & iPad). The sheets that we are working with, contain hyperlinks to other sheets.  Upon opening the link to another sheet, while in the app, it redirects the employee to the web version of Smartsheet...it does not open the link in the app.

I am almost certain that I used to be able to create a link to another sheet, so that the link would open in the app and NOT in the web version.  I have tried right-clicking and creating a hyperlink within a cell, as well as attaching the URL in "Attachments".  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Jeanette Huang
    Options

Hi Justin,

Thanks for reaching out! Would you mind providing more details on the links that you're trying to open?

Sheet links should open in the Smartsheet app and we confirmed today that this is still the current behavior. The exception to this is published sheet links - published links are not yet supported in the native iOS app and open in the browser. If you are clicking a published sheet link, then you are seeing the expected behavior (and we have it on our backlog to support opening these links in the Smartsheet app). If not, then this is an issue we'll need to investigate, so any details you can provide will be very helpful.

Thank you!

Best,

Jeanette (Mobile Product Manager at Smartsheet)

• Justin Bastin
    Options

Jeanette...you fixed my issue!  I was unaware that my co-worker began linking via a published link in the last few weeks.  Thank you for your response!

Justin

• Jeanette Huang
    Options

Wonderful! I'm glad we were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for following up, Justin!

Best,

Jeanette

This discussion has been closed.