Regarding Status in a form

Hello, I am trying to build a form from my current main sheet. The sheet has a status column (RYG). The purpose of the form is to allow super's to select available units in status green. Red and Yellow are occupied or in service units.

My question is:

1) Is it possible for users to only have the options to select units in the green status? - thus only select addresses associated with the green status while they are submitting the requests for units?

Can a form be utilized this way to get requests from submitters and match to availability?

Answers

• Hi @Khanambano

Form submissions will create new rows in a sheet. There currently isn't a way for a Form to look into already-created rows and evaluate the content in there, surfacing some and not others to the user submitting the form.

I would suggest putting the Form on a Dashboard. Then you can create a Report from the sheet that filters by the Green status, and put this on the Dashboard with a report widget. This way whoever is filling out the form can first take a look at the Report to see if the unit is in the Green list or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now