How can I create a similar risk report/dashboard

CrystalJ_Medtronic
CrystalJ_Medtronic ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/12/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a report that I need to generate once a month. I currently generate this in a PowerPoint table, but would love to use Smartsheet to generate this. To be clear, it's the red/yellow/green chart in particular that I would like to re-create in Smartsheet.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Answers

• Hi @CrystalJ_Medtronic

How is your data stored in Smartsheet? You could have a top row in a sheet, or a specific Metric sheet, that can pull data from your other sheets.

For example, you could use Conditional Formatting to fill in the cells (or manual formatting):

Or you could use Symbols to create the Red/Yellow/Green:

Then you could bring this row on to a Dashboard (either by creating a Report then using a Report Widget, or publishing this Sheet and using it in a Web Content Widget).

An alternative could potentially be to use a Chart Widget, but we would need numerical values to be associated with each Quarter, then stack them:

You could put this in a Stacked Bar Chart

In this instance you would need to manually select the colour for each Q in the Chart and adjust it as-needed:

If none of the options above will work for you, it would be helpful to know more about where your values are coming from and how you're determining each colour. Screen captures would be best, but please block out sensitive data!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• OMG.. Thank you.. I was absolutely OVERTHINKING this! Your solution is absolutely PERFECT and solves my issue!! I just have to mess around and figure out the best way to setup/manage my "helper" sheet. Otherwise this gives me a place to start. Thanks SOOOOOOO much!

• No problem! 😊

Let me know if you need help identifying anything I've set up above.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now